Pages

It's Gazpacho Time

Today's share: corn, tomatoes, eggplant, okra, zucchini, peppers
We had a lot of cull heirloom tomatoes today at the farm (Clagett CSA). When they split or are really tender, they need to be used immediately.

No problem! I hobbled together a quick recipe from several favorites. Remember, all measurements are approximate since I'm an add & taste kinda gal.

 

What's On Hand Gazpacho

One pound tomatoes
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 cucumber
2 cloves garlic
Juice from 1 lemon
1 jalepeno
1 onion
1 shallot
1 T. Chipotle Tabasco sauce
2 tsp. Tabasco
2 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. Olive oil
2 tsp. Worcester sauce

You are supposed to blanch and seed the tomatoes, but being Ms. Impatient I just threw the whole bunch of roughly chopped veggies into my Vitamix and was done with it.

I'm amazed at how tasty it is- I barely could get it into the frig to chill because I kept, um 'tasting' it until a third of it was gone. I did not add additional salt and pepper. I can't wait to have this for lunch tomorrow.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2


No comments: