Pages

A Classy, Simple Dinner

Last week I was at a birthday celebration at my sister-in-law's home and I was extremely happy with the menu. It was simple and delicious. The big bonus was there was no birthday cake or obligatory sweets to sway my head and raise my glucose levels.

The kids were snacking on raisins and sunflower seeds and ate everything we ate.

The menu:

Trout
Fillet of Sole
Brown rice
Broccoli
Bisquits

The seasonings:
Salt
Pepper
A little lemon
Dill
Olive oil

I loved the fact that she baked everything - even the broccoli, and it was fantastic. I'm going to do that more often.

She bought the sole for the children so they could avoid the bones, but being the big baby that I am about fish bones, I was eating right alongside the little ones. Except of course, when we finished off with a nice red wine.

Simple is always best . . .
Especially when you cook it.

No comments: