Pages

Mmmm . . . Pasture to Plate at Glasbern Inn - Now That's a Happy Birthday

Our Gatehouse suite
The last time I stayed at Glasbern it was over six years ago and I remembered the accomodations over the meals. Now this great country retreat has a world class chef helming the multiple kitchens so it's a great time to return (uh, and it's my birthday).

The event this April 21st is their five course Pasture-to-Plate Wine Dinner
hosted by Executive Chef Jason Hook and Wine Expert Terry Balent
featuring course-by-course wine pairings. I'll stop drooling now. Maybe. Here's the menu tonight (asterisked items are from the Glasbern farm):

Pork Belly* - baby octopus, heirloom tomato salad + ramps*, chorizo emulsion - paired with 1999 Grgich Hills Cabernet Sauvignon


Parmesan Foam - english peas + tendrils*, mint, sweet yellow curry - paired with a young Beaujolais

Day Boat Halibut - marcona almond crust, lychee nut, black cumin-truffle jus - paired with 1999 Dominus Napanook, Red Bordeaux Blend, Napa Valley

Leg of Lamb* - white asparagus, maitakes + swiss chard*, farm egg bearnaise* - paired with 1986 Bordeaux, Chateau Mouton Rothschild

Chocolate Cake - peanut butter ice cream - paired with 1976 Schloss Eltz Beerenauslese, Eltviller Sonnenberg Riesling

I really can not wait. It's a good thing the restaurant is only a few steps up the hill from our suite. I'm on my way now. I'll report back with pics.

Glasbern
A Lehigh Valley Country Inn
2141 Pack House Road,
Fogelsville, PA 18051
innkeeper@glasbern.com
610-285-4723


 









.

No comments: