Pages

Squash It! Part Deux

October . . .
Beer,
Candy and
Pumpkins!

Or should I just say squash? Acorn, butternut, crookneck, the mighty scary pumpkin. It's all here now and you have got to take advantage of this great harvest.

Believe me, its not all about sugar, cinnamon, mace and nutmeg. Squash can be savory, sweet or both. It is absolutely versatile and the is at least one dish in the cucurbita universe that you love or will learn to love if you only give it a chance.

Which brings me to two of my favorite food icons - Mario Batali and Mark Bittman - showing how positively fast and easy it is to throw together Gnocchi with Butternut Squash. I'm hungry just thinking of it. Only a few ingredients involved, so I think even I could do it in less than 30 minutes.

Ingredients List:
  • Russet potatoes (riced)
  • Flour
  • Egg
  • Butternut squash
  • Tomato paste
  • Jalapeno Pepper
  • Red Onion
  • Water
  • Salt
  • Olive Oil
  • Parmigiana Reggiano


The only problem I have now is that I never bought a ricer. Hmm . . . seems like a trip to Sur La Table is in order.


If the video does not appear above, use the following link: https://nyti.ms/2zy0WSs


No comments: